Man chops off 16 year old girlfriend’s hand for rejecting his marriage proposal || Police in Kenya are investigating an incident in which a man allegedly cut off his girlfriend’s hand, a minor, for refusing his marriage proposal.
It is alleged that the perpetrator, who was armed with a machete, reportedly took his 16-year-old girlfriend to her parents ‘ home at about 9:00 p.m. last week and cut off her right hand.
The suspect, a senior High school Two student, was also wounded multiple times in other areas of the body. She is admitted to the Local Referral Hospital of Mbale.
“He wanted to marry me, but I declined because I’m still interested in my studies. It wasn’t going well for him. He was angry with me, “the victim told Thatcelebrity.com reporter on Friday.
The 16-year-old said she was in her friend’s company on that fateful day.
“After cutting off my hand, he took off, leaving me in a pool of blood. It’s my friend who called my people and took me to Bududa Hospital, where I was referred to Mbale Regional Referral Hospital for better management, “she said.
The victim accused the police of releasing the perpetrator in unspecified circumstances following his arrest.
“I would like the police to re-arrest the suspect because I need justice. He ‘s supposed to be arrested and prosecuted, “she said.
According to Daily Monitor, the matter was registered to the Bududa Central Police Station, but the victim obtained a police form 3, suggesting a case of defilement instead of attempted murder.
A detective at the police station, who preferred anonymity, confirmed that the suspect had been arrested and released on the same day.
Ms. Juliet Khainza, the mother of the victim, said the suspect’s family had compromised the police officers.
She appealed to the Inspector General of Police and the head of the Sate House Anti-Corruption Unit, Lt Col Edith Nakalema, to participate.
“The Police Chief of the Criminal Investigations Department can also interfere and help us to get justice,” said Khainza.
She said the police would also be asked to clarify why the suspect was released.
“My daughter has lost her eye, and she’s in agony. We don’t even have the resources to specialize in her care, “said Mrs. Khainza.
Nevertheless, Mr. Jaffar Magyezi, the district police chief, informed the complainant that they had been arrested that they had not committed the crime.
“We arrested the wrong guy, but the prime suspect is still at large,” Magyezi said.
Mr Anthony Mutuma, the officer in charge of the criminal investigation, said he was investigating two cases of attempted murder and defilement.
However, Mrs. Khainza argued that her daughter had not been defiled.
“The CID officer is deceiving. I never mentioned a case of defilement. The only case reported is an attempted murder of my daughter, “she said.
Mr. Mutuma said that it was difficult for them to locate the perpetrator as the victim told the detective that she could not identify the person who committed the crime.
“We arrested two people and we processed a file of attempted murder against the people, so I couldn’t charge them because it was a court case. But the Bududa Resident State Attorney has instructed us to release the suspects on a police bond because the victim was not clear in her statement. The girl said it was dark and she couldn’t remember the person who committed the crime, “said Mr. Mutuma, refuting the victim’s argument.
Betty Khainza, District Education Officer, said they had begun to investigate the matter.
SOURCE: ThatCelebrity.com || Man chops off 16 year old girlfriend’s hand for rejecting his marriage proposal ||