NEWS

Girl, 18, electrocuted and killed while charging her phone after her home was struck by lightning

A teenage girl has died after being electrocuted when her home was struck by lightning while she was using her mobile phone as it charged.

 

Radja Ferreira de Oliveira’s phone was plugged into the main socket at her house in Santarem, Brazil, when it was hit by lightning in the early hours of Sunday, August 29.

 

The 18-year-old, who was using her mobile phone at the time lightning struck, received a severe electric shock and passed out.

 

TRENDING NEWS:   Video: Killer Kau’s official girlfriend finally breaks silence with a priceless tribute

Emergency services were called, but by the time the paramedics arrived at the scene, her family had already given her first aid and rushed her to the hospital.

 

Sadly, Radja was pronounced dead on arrival.

 

Girl, 18, electrocuted and killed while charging her phone after her home was struck by lightning

 

She was the third person to be electrocuted in the Brazilian state of Para last week.

TRENDING NEWS:   Hey Send Him Back To Jail, Doctor Fires Owusu Bempah for Magically Falling Sick – Photo

 

Semeao Tavares was on a phone call in Curua when he was struck by lightning during a different storm on August 25. Medics reached him while he was still alive, but he died from his injuries.

 

Councillor Raimundo Brito, of the Progressistas political party, was also electrocuted during the same storm while he was plucking a duck in his home in Macura. Brito managed to call for help and was taken to the local health centre, where he was treated for his injuries.

TRENDING NEWS:   The Bible is PASSCO!!!! There’s No Power In The Bible, – Osofo Kyiri Abosom Makes Shocking Statement

 

Following Radja’s death, experts have again warned of risks of using a mobile phone while it is still charging.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button